At Vorwerk, you can.
Welcome to Vorwerk – as an
You want to design new experiences in smart living? Look no further!
Android Engineer (f/d/m)
Vorwerk Digital’s vision is to elevate the quality of life everywhere our customers call home. We are up to combine Vorwerk’s long-standing, high quality engineering experience with agile methodologies, leading edge technologies and wholehearted dedication to customer satisfaction to strengthen our long-term trustful customer relationships.
For our Digital R&D we are looking for a passionate, empathic, and innovative
(Senior) Android Engineer (f/d/m) who wants to play an integral role in the development of our digital products. A successful candidate will drive the mobile development aspects of a portfolio of several mid- to large-scale software solutions and help to enable a cross-divisional, cross-departmental, setup of teams for successful delivery.
We are a dynamic and internationally successful group. We offer our employees a creative and cooperative working environment and social protection in every stage of life. We promote the compatibility of family life and professional career, with a wide range of benefits that are listed below.
More @ vorwerk.com
- Collaborate in a dedicated agile, cross-functional team developing highly innovative digital products for Vorwerk customers
- Design, implement and test features based on user stories in an agile development process within your focus area (mobile, frontend)
- Together with your team, you take end-to-end responsibility for technical and operational aspects of your deliveries
- You are fluent in state of the art mobile technologies
- Contribute to and benefit from regular exchanges between developers in our communities
- Explore and propose new technologies
- Contribute to further improve our software quality and test automation
OUR BENEFITS FOR YOU:
- Exciting challenges and career prospects in an agile environment
- Flexible working framework with flexitime, flexi-time days and 30 days of holiday
- Mobile working with defined remote work options
- Discounted job ticket and free parking directly at your workplace
- Shared success, lots of fun and lifelong learning
- Benefits of a family-owned company, including employee discounts, subsidies for childcare costs and training support
- Extensive health benefits such as company supplementary health insurance, company medical advice and care, and a wide range of fitness offers
- Attractive pension plan with three building blocks and the option of a working time account
- Subsidised snacks and menus on site
- Charging points for electric cars
- Successfully completed Information Technology studies, an equivalent education or equivalent work experience
- Ideally 3+ years of professional experience in software development and strong programming skills
- Ability to excel in an agile and open environment
- Open and clear style of communication
- Strong focus on customer value and customer experience
- Strong skills in some of the following areas, depending on your focus area:
- Experience in native Android development
- Deep knowledge in Kotlin, Java, RXJava and Material Design
- Experience in the integration of backend services (REST APIs)
- Integration of IOT systems into a mobile experience
- Test driven development, continues integration and delivery
- Skills in UI Design and an eye for User Experience
- Fluent English language skills, German language is a plus