At Vorwerk, you can.
Welcome to Vorwerk – as a Regulatory Affairs Manager (m/f/d)Established in Wuppertal (Germany) in 1883 and now a global player, Vorwerk & Co. KG is a family-owned, highly diversified industrial group. Vorwerk’s core business is the direct selling of innovative, top-of-the-range household appliances developed and produced within the group. Vorwerk’s portfolio also contains cosmetics, flooring, leasing and banking. Vorwerk generated a Business volume of 2,928.0 Million Euros in 2019 and operates in 51 countries.
In order to support the Vice-President Regulatory Affairs and Head of the Brussels Office in his day-to-day lobbying activities, we are looking for a full-time Regulatory Affairs Manager. The role encompasses a variety of responsibilities.
The position involves moderate levels of travel within Europe and offers the opportunity to develop personal and professional skills in a stimulating and dynamic environment.
We offer an attractive and flexible working environment in an international setting. The remuneration package will be competitive and commensurate with the experience of the selected candidate.
More @ vorwerk.com
- Monitor and provide intelligence on EU and national legislative and policy developments as well as standardisation in relevant areas, including, but not limited to: consumer protection, ecodesign, energy labelling, materials & chemicals, waste, environment, product safety and liability, digital issues, competition law and labour law;
- Establish and maintain a strong network of relevant contacts in EU institutions, industry associations and other stakeholders’ organisations;
- Represent Vorwerk in industry associations in which Vorwerk is a member;
- Liaise with Vorwerk’s divisions and businesses operating in European countries and assist in designing Vorwerk’s lobbying strategy on relevant EU and national regulatory affairs issues;
- Assist in coordination of lobbying activities of Vorwerk’s businesses at national level;
- Liaise with external public affairs consultants;
- Assume responsibility for the administrative management of the Brussels office and the administrative co-ordination with Vorwerk’s headquarters in Germany.
- Proven experience in EU Affairs, through work in a company’s representation office, a trade association, a public affairs consultancy or within the EU institutions;
- An excellent understanding of EU Institutions and of the EU legislative process, as well as of stakeholder engagement in Brussels;
- Familiarity with the forementioned EU policy areas;
- An excellent command of written and spoken English and German is strictly required. Knowledge of any other European language, ideally French, Italian or Spanish, would be considered an asset;
- A degree in political science or law would also be considered an asset but is not a strict requirement;
- Strong analytical and organisational skills with an eye for detail;
- Excellent drafting skills as the role will involve the preparation of background briefings, position papers and other forms of external communication;
- Self-starter, capable of taking initiative and working independently once overall objectives are known;
- Confidence and good interpersonal skills to deal with decision-makers and other stakeholders;
- Ability to work in a small team, reliability and flexibility as to tasks and competing demands/pressures;
- High degree of computer literacy.