At Vorwerk, you can.
Welcome to Vorwerk – as a
Vorwerk Digital‘s vision is to elevate the quality of life everywhere our customers call home. We are up to combine Vorwerk’s long-standing, high-quality engineering experience with agile methodologies, leading edge technologies and whole-hearted dedication to customer satisfaction to strengthen our long-term trustful customer-relationships.
(Senior) Software Engineer (f/d/M)
For our Digital R&D we are looking for a passionate, empathic, and innovative (senior) software engineer (f/d/m) who wants to play a part in the development of our digital products and solutions, which are used by millions of happy customers around the world.
Have a look at one of our core products:
Cookidoo - which is the recipe platform for our Thermomix.
We are a dynamic and internationally successful group. We offer our employees a creative and cooperative working environment and social protection in every stage of life. We promote the compatibility of family life and professional career, with a wide range of benefits that are listed below.
More @ vorwerk.com
- Collaborate in a dedicated agile, cross-functional teams developing highly innovative digital products for Vorwerk customers
- Design, implement and test features and services based on user stories in a test-driven agile development process within your focus area (fullstack, backend, frontend)
- Together with your team, you take end-to-end responsibility for technical and operational aspects of your deliveries
- You use latest AWS cloud technologies
- Contribute to and benefit from regular exchanges between developers in our communities
- Explore and propose new technologies
- Further improve our software quality and test automation
- Exciting challenges and career prospects in an agile environment
- Flexible working framework with flexitime, flexi-time days and 30 days of holiday
- Mobile working with defined remote work options
- Discounted job ticket and free parking directly at your workplace
- Shared success, lots of fun and lifelong learning
- Benefits of a family-owned company, including employee discounts, subsidies for childcare costs and training support
- Extensive health benefits such as company supplementary health insurance, company medical advice and care, and a wide range of fitness offers
- Attractive pension plan with three building blocks and the option of a working time account
- Subsidised snacks and menus on site
- Charging points for electric cars in Wuppertal
- Successfully completed Information Technology studies, an equivalent education or equivalent work experience
- Ideally 3+ years of professional experience in software development and strong programming skills
- Strong skills in some of the following areas, depending on your focus area:
- TDD, DevOps, continuous integration/delivery, clean code
- State of the art web applications, server-side and client-side integration, single page web apps
- Modern API design, REST
- Programming languages like Java, Kotlin, NodeJS and related frameworks e.g. Spring Boot
- Distributed systems, Microservice architectures, Self-Contained Systems (SCS),
- Kubernetes, Docker, Kustomize, ArgoCD
- AWS Cloud infrastructure
- UX experience
- Strong focus on customer value and customer experience
- Fluent English language skills, German language is a plus